Welcome to Nomad Soul Song Writing

Welcome to my writing space!
Today I write from the island of Maui, Hawaii.There's a cool breeze and a baking sun. I have a tiger like creature  winding around my feet as I look across to the mango trees and the ocean. We are in lockdown due to covid 19 but I am one of the lucky few locked down in paradise.

My name is Kirstie and I write music under the name Bower (musicuk), which was inspired by my trip to Australia 4 years ago when I first started travelling and being inspired by the changing landscapes, wildlife and people I met. The first song I wrote there was called Nomad soul about being at home within yourself.
When I returned from my first major trip I moved away from London, my home of over 30years to Somerset and became inspired again. I enrolled onto the MA in Songwriting at Bath Spa University and focussed on crafting songs about my travel and my journey through life so far. My research looked at the influence of travel and exposure to other cultures on songwriting and Hip Hop education.
I would love to share with you my own song writing journey as well as focussing on artists who have used journeys, places and travelling to inspire their writing. I'm looking forward to hearing from fellow travelling musicians and inspiring others to record their experiences through song.
Looking forward to you hitching a ride on my journey.
Bower

Comments